With the file browsing/picking structure in place saving and loading of maps and object data is now ready. Additionally, saving map exit targets is working, too. What all of this really means is that the editor is now in a working state and can save and load levels.
I ran into a little bit of a snag when I realized that I hadn't yet put in the code to handle parsing out the executable directory on the Windows side of the world. In fixing that up, I also noticed that some of my file finding routines were broken when it came to Windows, as well. In the end, everything is fixed except for running games from the command prompt. Other than that, everything is peachy keen. The main issues that I was having were just those of slash orientation.
With all this talk of Windows, I think you've guessed by now that I've been attempting to get Neverfall building on Windows using my new library. Well, that's done. It works and runs perfectly fine! All that's left now before I have some people test it out and try to force shearing to happen is fixing up the timing issues. My custom library runs a lot faster than Allegro does.
posted in Uncategorized